I had been contemplating leaving blogging for a while, or maybe for good. Maybe I should take a few days off and learn to get inspired again. I am not sure. What I am going to do is let it come to me by itself. As a blogger, I know, you can’t write unless you have to. Unless I have that strong urge again, I am going to let it be. and let me be. I have been having issues at work and there are more important things to concentrate on. In any case, my request to you readers would be to hang in there — do not delete your bookmarks or the rss feeds of this blog just as yet.
I have avoided tags in the past (responses to being tagged, etc) but I could not do that this time. So when Sneha from One Life tagged me, I felt amused but I clearly forgot about the tag — until now. This has been an entirely personal post and I continue the inroads to my personality with the 10 things you never knew about me (well, ok, it is – 10 things that you may or may not know):
1. When I was 20, in Pune, I fancied working for the intelligence services.
2. At almost the same time, I used to visit The Times Of India’s office at Fergusson college road to submit my articles to be considered for publication. They were crap.
3. I gave my first job interview for my third job.
4. I can’t stay away from the sea. I have traveled extensively on the Konkan coast and I have also seen the east coast in a bid to compare the two.
5. I specialize in (self-taught) Visual Aircraft Recognition.
6. I draw portraits.
7. I hate snakes. I can’t stand them.
8. Amitav Ghosh and Rohinton Mistry are my favorite writers.
9. Travel, for me, in many ways, is a time to retrospect. If I move away from my workplace, my mind works very differently and I feel I need to hear the voice within. So maybe, if things permit, I would like to move away from it all and travel.
10. I knew I would be in software back in 9th standard, though, the inner voice can be misleading at times.
Bonus 11: I am an accomplished minesweeper player (Yes, that Windows game no one understands). My best is 16 seconds at intermediate. I lost the screenshot! But an older best attempt is here.
So, who would I tag now? Shradha from Sleepy Conscience. I wish I could tag a few more people but I am not sure how much is my blog read. Can the silent readers please stand up?